Monday, February 18, 2008

IS THIS YOUR LIFE???



I am ALWAYS overwhelmed with laundry. I hate it, I can't control it, I can't get ahead of it. It has taken over my room AND my bed. This picture was taken a while ago, but my room still looks like this. I have buckets of it sitting around my bed. Please tell me that I am not the only one facing this dilemma. I don't think it is a time issue, I think I am just too tired to face it all. I'd have to do 2 loads a day to keep up. I just can't bring myself to stay consistent. So, this is my consequence I have to live with. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Actually I'll take volunteers to come over and save me. I've got to get it put away before I leave for Hawaii in 2 weeks.....ahhhhh!!!! I will not be doing laundry in Hawaii!!!

4 comments:

Greg and Kimberly ... said...

You are sooo not alone in laundry taking over your life. You probably won't like my advise, but it works for me if I stick with it.
For each day of the week I wash certain clothes: Mon - whites, Tues - darks, Wed - darks, Thurs - lights, Fri - towels, Sat - sheets and whatever is left. I don't fold it all the same day usually though. So on Tues I fold whites, etc. I just sit on my bed and fold while I watch tv and then it's not so boring.
When I stick to this, there are only 1-2 loads a day and that is doable. It's when I wait that there is an overwhelming amount. And everyone has their own small baskets to put away. Once it's folded it's loaded into their baskets and they know they have to put it away or have a very upset mom. Hope that helps! Good luck, you can do it!!!

Savage Family said...

You are so funny!! How many loads is that? 20? Well my advise would be do one day whites and then another color. I am so jealous of Hawaii!!

Cara said...

Oh, here's the before picture! I think your friend has a good idea with a basket per child. Do you remember Mom doing that? I bet it would get your kids involved so it's not all on your shoulders.

Mike and Laura said...

Whatever you do, don't let it take control of your life! :) I hate doing laundry...it's such a meticulous task. Enjoy Hawaii!