Friday, April 22, 2011

SPAIN DAY 3- RONDA

Day 3 we spent in Ronda which is about 65 miles northwest of Malaga. I never had the chance to visit Ronda on my mission, so I was excited to see the beautiful city that sits atop a canyon in the mountains.


The Plaza de Toros ("bullring") in Ronda is one of the oldest operational bullrings in Spain.




Cara and Jeff above the cliff


This shows where we were standing before.

The Bridge that connects Old Ronda to the Newer part of Ronda



Walking the narrow, hilly streets


The countryside and olive groves

On our way home from Ronda, we stopped in Puerto Banus. Puerto Banús is a marina to the west of Marbella, on the Costa del Sol. It was built in 1970 by José Banús, a local property developer, as a luxury marina and shopping complex for the jet-set and the super rich. It has berths for 915 boats, including those of the King of Saudi Arabia and several of the world's wealthiest individuals. Behind the harbor lie streets filled with bars, boutiques and nightclubs. I bought my first Louis Vuitton here......knock off of course!!

2 comments:

Barnes Squad said...

This is even more breathtaking then you described. I would love to visit. You need to put a picture of the Louie to show everyone how close to real it is.

Brandi said...

Amazing!! Those pictures are gorgeous!!! WOW! I need to go there!