Monday, April 18, 2011

SPAIN DAY 2- SEVILLA

Day 2...we set out early for Sevilla. What a beautiful city.

You know you are in Spain when you pass these "billboards" on the Freeway!

Beautiful Plaza outside the Cathedral

Sevilla Cathedral....is the largest Gothic cathedral and the third-largest church in the world. It was completed at the beginning of the 16th century.

The outside is so incredible. All hand carved.




I LOVED seeing the Organ pipes inside the cathedral. They were getting ready for an Organ concert that evening so we heard them practicing. WOW!!

They "say" Christopher Columbus is buried here.

View from the Giralda Bell Tower. Over 700,000 people live in Sevilla. Can you see the Bull Ring??


The Giralda Bell Tower is the city's most famous symbol.

My Tortilla de Patata with Garlic Mayonnaise. I was SOOO excited for this!

The Plaza de Toros de la Real Maestranza is the oldest bullring in Spain. It is the site of the annual Feria de Abril in Seville, one of the most well-known bullfighting festivals in the world.

I love the colors and architecture

Plaza de Espana was built in 1928 for the Ibero-American Exposition of 1929. It is a landmark example of the Renaissance Revival style in Spanish architecture.

We went for a boat ride around the Plaza de Espana.

Jeff rowed the whole way...but no serenade!!



I couldn't stop taking pictures of the beautiful artistry on the building.




Day 3....coming soon!

2 comments:

Tania Jabonero said...

I can't believe you still remember the streets!!where we did pancarta!! My memories are so far away!!

Brandi said...

I went to Spain after my Sr year of HS. I really need to get back. It was so fun. I love the oldness of Europe. I think I'd appreciate it even more now. Fab pics friend.