Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fall Update

I can't believe September is already over and we are well into October. WOW...have we been busy! Especially since school started. The kids are all loving their classes and are all doing really well....phew!!! Here is a photo update of what we have been doing....

I took Mackenzie to San Francisco for her 13th birthday and I got to see my cute nieces and nephew while there....AND, Cara had Baby #3 on Mackenzie's birthday!

Here is Cara's Dylan...he is such a stud!
Dylan again
The cousins swimming together...Abby, Sienna and Mackenzie
Mackenzie wanted to see Chinatown while in San Francisco

Dinner in Chinatown with Aunt Laura
While in SF...you HAVE to do Dessert at Ghirardelli Square. YUMMO

For Mackenzie's 13th birthday party she wanted to have a Mall Scavenger Hunt. I found some pretty funny samples online. AND, I wanted to have them do hard, crazy tasks to accomplish. The girls had a blast. It took them 1 1/2 hours to complete....so while waiting, my friend, Delynn and I, decided to participate as well. We had TOO much fun. I think everyone was wondering who were the 2 crazy moms on the scavenger hunt.

Mikell and Kennedy on the first task
Mackenzie and Megan freaking out
Rachel and Emily running from store to store
Delynn posing with mannequins
Delynn and I wearing Hats
We had to find a T-shirt with a funny saying!
Also had to find something your grandma would not wear
We had to find a Salesperson wearing RED heels
A teammember ready for BED
Wearing Sunglasses
Saluting customers as they leave Dicks Sporting Goods
Found an umbrella
JP made her amazing cookie monster cupcakes
The teenage gang
LOVE all her friends
Duct Tape day at school....John Paul helped her make this skirt

Jacob earned his Arrow of Light in Scouts in September. I can't believe how much he is growing up. He is my "little" man. I'm so proud of him and the man he is becoming.
Proud Dad
Proud Mom
My sister Liz had baby #4 in September. We all went down to visit them now that they live in Provo. Yay for close nieces and nephews!!
Here is where I ALWAYS spend my weeknights...watching Jacob at Football practice.

4 comments:

David said...

That skirt out of Duct Tape was awesome! She did a good job on that! That takes Duct Tape to an all new level!

cara said...

Love the update and all the pics! Those cupcakes look yummy and very creative, John. Looking forward to your visit this weekend!

ndus_lori said...

Love the mall scavenger hunt. I am going to have to remember that one. She is growing up waaaaayyy too fast. Tell her to slow down.

Brandi said...

aww your SF trip looks SOOOOO FUN! Love it! That mall scavenger hunt was such a fun idea! We'll have to try that sometime. And the duct tape skirt is fab. Fun to see you and your cute family. Sure miss ya girl!