Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bear Lake Triathlon Training!


JP and I have been wanting to lose weight and get back in shape for a couple of years now. Over the years, JP and I have tried lots of diets, programs, drinks, formulas, etc. Some have worked (temporarily), and some haven't. We have finally learned that all we need to do is eat healthy (better choices and proportions) and exercise. DUH!!

I always do better on my goals when I have a deadline or something to work towards. Several of my sisters run in half marathons, etc. SO, JP and I decided we would too. We are both currently training for the Bear Lake Classic in August 2010. AND, JP wants to also do the Top of Utah Marathon in September 2010. To hold each other accountable, we thought we would post our weekly trainings on our blog. That way we can see our progress and of course, you can hold us accountable too!!! We need all the support we can get. I can't believe we are doing this!

WEEK #1 Training for Amy
Monday- Swam half of the triathlon distance (375m)

WEEK #2 Training for Amy
Monday- Swam full length of triathlon distance in 30 minutes (750m)
Wednesday- Biked 2 miles

Week #3 Training for Amy
Monday- Swam full length of triathlon distance in 30 minutes (750m)

JP will start tracking his trainings this coming week. Obviously we have A LOT of work to do. But, I am excited we are doing it together.

3 comments:

Troop 442 said...

AWESOME!!! So excited for you guys! How have you been? It's been a while.

Elizabeth said...

Inspiring! Can't wait to hear all the updates!!

Mike and Laura said...

Love it! I can't wait to hear how you guys are doing....If I ain't prego by September, then I'd love to join JP in the marathon. :)